Sunday, November 3, 2013

Serving God with What You Have

I would like to share this mighty word that I heard on Focus on the Family on Friday.  It is an anointed word from Dr. Lori Salierno about serving God with what you have no matter how small to be used for God's purposes in something much bigger than ourselves.  It's short and powerful.  I hope you will listen to it.  You will be blessed.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/radio.aspx?ID={C99820B3-5E6C-4342-92B2-67AAED836367}

Then, if you will, won't you take a few minutes to listen to this wonderful song about our heavenly Father's many and varied names and attributes.




This month of Thanksgiving will culminate in one of the most egregious days of gorging ourselves on food and spending the day in front of the boob tube watching football.

Perhaps these items will cause you, like me to spend the month thanking God for everything.  I will be sharing my 30 days of thanksgiving with you.  Here are my first three:

Day 1: To have people in my life who really care about me. Never was it shown more than when I had my surgery in June. To my husband, my daughter, my son, and three of the best friends found anywhere plus all my once removed friends and family I can never say thank you enough for your prayers, TLC and encouragement. You all make life worth living.

 Day 2 of Thankfulness: I am thankful for my body. It's not perfect, not beautiful and certainly not what the world thinks of as in shape today, but it has been with me since the day of my birth and will see me through until the day of my death. It is working much better now, and I am thankful that I can walk and talk and see and hear and taste and touch. I will take time to thank God for this body that He gave me and I will take time to take care of it for it is a holy place that God has taken up residence in.

Day 3 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Where would the world be without hope? I am so thankful today that Christ did not leave us without hope. He IS our hope and He is our peace. He is at work in the lives of believers every single day. He is working out ALL things for our good because we love Him and are called according to His purposes, and His purposes are ALL good because He is all good. I don't know where I would be today without His hope and His peace. It makes this crazy, mixed-up, man-centered world worth living in. Do you need peace, have you given up hope? Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever, is the answer.

 

1 comment: