Monday, July 15, 2013

What is Meekness?

Since my surgery, the Lord has been teaching me about meekness.  I thought I would pop up from the surgery, get the device programmed and four weeks later be out on the golf course, driving my car and doing the shimmy in my post-surgery high heels.  What was I smoking?

In truth, since the surgery, I have been clinging to God with all that I am, praying for strength, praying for patience and endurance.  It is ever so hard to adjust to having a machine attached to the body.  I pray for each and every person on the face of this earth who rely on oxygen machines, pace makers, or any other type of mechanical device made by man to make their quality of life better.  God bless you, all of you with His wisdom and perseverance.

The adversary wants to destroy those who love God.   He wants to steal our happiness, kill our witness and destroy our lives.  He plays with our minds.  He feeds us lies.  He  whispers in our ears.  He accuses us constantly.  What is our part in this?  We are to steadfastly read God's Word, impress it upon our hearts and minds, to know who God is and what He's like and what His promises are to us.  We are to stand against the enemy, in full armor, deflecting his shots at us.

That, after your body has undergone a surgery which leaves you feeling like you've been hit by a Mack truck, is a challenge.  You are weak, your mind is clogged with anesthesia and uncertainty and you feel like a little kid who needs constant assurance and comfort from his or her mother.

One lie the adversary has been so confident in using is "You don't really know God.  You aren't saved.  You didn't even trust Him enough to heal you.  You had surgery.  You trusted in doctors.   God doesn't know you.  God doesn't hear you anymore.   Face it, you aren't a Christian."   Oh, Lord, how he has used these accusations against me.

But the Lord IS faithful,  He is true and good and beautiful and He NEVER leaves us or forsakes us.  His Word is true.  We can believe what He promises to us, and we must live a life of faith for without faith, we cannot please Him (Hebrews 11:6).

Everyday I tell myself, "nothing will happen to you today, Kim, that God has not ALLOWED.  God allows Satan to test us, to try us, to BUILD OUR FAITH.   Understanding that God is in control of EVERYTHING; everything good, bad, ugly, beautiful or otherwise that happens to us and if we love Him and are called according to His purpose, they all work together for OUR GOOD.   He, alone, is sovereign.   We must accept everything that comes from His hand because He is wiser, He is gentler, He is everything that we are not and in the end, He is in control.  We accept His wisdom, His generosity, His goodness, His allowing Satan to tempt us or try us with meekness.  It's not that we roll over and play dead or like a limp noodle; but that we understand that He is working to make us into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ, and that it's all for our own good.   That is meekness.  

I had purchased the book Like Silver Refined by Kay Arthur several years ago meaning to read it, but it sat on my shelf, untouched until the other day when I was looking for a book to read during my devotion time.  God surely caused me to save this book to read during this time in my life for it is exactly what I need to hear right now, and I can't seem to hear it enough.  It's like I have to keep putting this message into my mind in order for it to sink in, set its roots down deep so nothing can ever pull it out of my mind.  God is God.  I belong to God.  He made me according to His will.  He has a plan for me and it is not a plan to hurt me, but for my good.  He wants the best for me, and each and every trial He allows into my life is meant to bring it about.

As I recognize all this, I am commanded by His Word to "GIVE THANKS ALWAYS FOR ALL THINGS UNTO GOD AND THE FATHER IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD, JESUS CHRIST." Ephesians 5:20

Dear Friend, are you, too, experiencing lots of trials and tribulations in your life?  Then be encouraged as you count it all joy in accordance with James 1:2-7 because the Lord is bringing you to the perfection that He requires; lacking in nothing.  Truly, knowing that God is the one who is orchestrating all the things that are going on in my life right now is the only thing that keeps me going.  Satan can tell me all he wants that I don't know God or that I am not God's daughter, but I have determined that I will run this race in faith for the length of my life.  God, himself, will have to tell me I don't belong to Him.  I know whom I have believed upon, (Jesus Christ) and I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed to him until that day when in joy and tears, I will see Him face to face in all His glory! 

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment