Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chavez, Ahmadinejad, "No Jesus", & Demoniacs

My last post contained links to various bloggers and my thoughts that we are approaching the end of this age.

Continuing in that theme, I would like to say a few short words about some news articles that caught my eye today.



First, I'm sure that anyone who reads any news at all has seen that the Dictator of Venezuela, Huga Chavez, has passed on to eternity.  Being born in the 1950's and growing up in the age of the "Cold War" with Communist Russia, et al, it is quite startling to me that the press corps of the United States is praising Hugo Chavez as though he were one of the great humanitarians and political figures of this era.  When did this happen?  When did press of the "land of the free and the brave" become supporters of Communisim?  I found this article to be quite humorous though in how Mr. Chavez did not want to die.  If I were a betting woman, I would bet that He was not quite settled about death and life in the hereafter.

Hugo Chavez Did Not Want to Die..He Sacrificed Himself for His Country

In the next eye-opening article, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of Iran (one of the most repressive governments in the world), Radical Islamist and hater of Christians, has stated that Mr. Chavez will be resurrected with Jesus.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Read it for yourself.

Iranian President - "Chavez Will Be Resurrected with Jesus"

Next in the lineup...The Seattle Times ran the following article which says that the City of Longview, Washington, (United States of America!!!) City Council has banned invoking the name of Jesus Christ in Council meetings.  Apparently the Mayor was advised by the City Attorney to enact removal of prayer and the use of Jesus' name in order to avoid being sued and costing the citizenry a lot of money. 

"Christ" Banned From Longview Invocation

The next two articles are from Orlando, Florida and New Britain, Connecticut.  Both are stories about individuals who are either fighting demons or fighting like demons. 

Lady Takes Baseball Bat to Church Statute in Fight Against the Devil

and

Man Goes Berserk With Ax At Dunkin' Donuts

and last but not least, a couple of articles about our country's leadership:

President Has Authority to Use Drones Against Americans on American Soil

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul's Filabuster Re President and Drones

and a couple about our country's economic situation:

The Last Time the Dow was Here

Wake Up America

Taken individually, one might shrug their shoulders and go on, but when read together and meditated upon and prayed about, it is very easy to see that we are living in a VERY troubled country!   It is very hard for me to verbalize how quickly and how dramatically life in the USA has changed in just 20 short years. I say 20 years because I can relate so well to that time period being an adult, above average intelligence, a successful independent contractor/Real Estate Sales Agent involved in the financial and business systems of the country and also as a wife, mother and believer and follower of Jesus Christ.

I saw how the internet changed the business world, I saw how families (including my own) were falling apart, I saw the church failing to preach the true gospel and instead of standing up for the things that Jesus taught, joining hands with the world and embracing the "prosperity" gospel, the "politically correct" position on sin such as "the way, the truth and the life", "there is only one way to the Father" and the veracity and accuracy of the Word of God...The Bible.

I saw adultery proliferate, dishonesty in business,  (especially) politics, and medicine/pharmacopia explode, homosexuality (which was only whispered about in my growing up years) became the latest "in thing" and liberals and hollywood adopted it as its next social crusade thanks to Ellen DeGeneres. 

I witnessed an alarming increase in the number of stories of mothers murdering their children, pedophilia grew so prevalent that I was advised as a real estate agent to advise my clients about Rachel's Law and as a mother had to become pro-active in knowing if there were any living around me.

...and music, well, music became rap and head banging music and "grunge" and alternative, and well, wouldn't we give anything just to go back to rock 'n roll? 

Yes, the 60s and 70s were filled with drugs, sex and rock 'n roll, but even in the worst situations, did it really come close to comparing with what we see today?  I've read stories about people having sex in the most unbelievable places, and just about weekly (and sometimes daily) there are stories about teachers (men and women) having sex with their students -- it's become commonplace.   Not to mention the drug wars in Columbia and Mexico being so severe that news reports often have stories of dismembered victims and mass murders/shootouts.

It boggles the imagination to think about what the next 20 years holds.  I, personally, do not wish to be around if what I imagine will be happening is IN FACT happening. 

I have sinned in my life (a lot and some really shameful things, in fact) and I am heartbreakingly aware of how dark and evil the human heart is and what evil it can perpetrate.  I often think of that old adage, "there but for the grace of God go I".  Reading the news today sat heavy upon me and it struck me again just how far removed from God the United States has become.  Surely, God,  who knows everything, has seen this (if my puny little human eyes can see it)  and if a nation has no loyalty to God, blasphemes His holy name and pushes Him out of its workings at every opportunity, it leaves me wondering just how long we have until something really horrific happens here as God removes His protective hand from a people who no longer want, need or seek Him.

My friends, as you read this, I pray that the Spirit of God is speaking to you, calling your name.  If you have not surrendered your life to Him, reach out; call out His name - Jesus, Yeshu'a, Yahweh, Alpha, Omega, Savior, Jehovah, The One True God - tell Him you believe in Him, that He came, lived and died for your sins, that He was resurrected and now sits at the right hand of God the Father.  Ask Him to forgive you and lead you and to give you His wisdom, and He who gives to all generously and without reproach is faithful to do as you have asked.  Then, follow Him for the rest of your days, as many or few of them as you may have. 

Time is passing away quickly and the days that are left here on this earth are not offering anything that satifies the human soul, only He, God Himself, can do that for He made you and me and when He did, He made a spot that nothing else can fill but Himself.   May God give you peace as we live through these dangerous, troubling times.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Kim. Very well expressed & presented...& I agree with it ALL. Our beloved country has fallen so incredibly far since the Clinton administration introduced "political correctness." As Dr. Ben Carson said, (I paraphrase) it has taken away our 1st Amendment right of free speech. It has welcomed in an age of exceptable repugnancy & has made the hyenas of sins common-place & those of us w/morals & faith "the bad guys." All this while the veil of evil has blinded most people to that fact the Christians are the anchor of blessing that keeps us from being destroyed like Sodom & Gomorrah.

    As never before in my life, I believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is just over the horizon. I am determined to take as many to Heaven w/me as I can.

    Love & blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, Kim! Keep looking up, sister.

      Delete
  2. I just had the opportunity to read your blog Kim. Thank you for sharing your thoughts...it's so very well written, insightful and to the point! I couldn't agree with you more! You have a way of expressing what's in my heart (I just can't express it as beautifully).
    Warmest Regards & much love in Christ is being sent your way!! Marge

    ReplyDelete