Friday, February 1, 2013

The King Who Came to Serve




If you have read any of my earlier posts, you may have come across one that that talked about the fact that I have Parkinson's Disease.  I was diagnosed at age 44 - 11 years ago.  I have fought the disease with all of my strength, knowledge and being.  Unfortunately, it is one of those diseases that you cannot prevent progressing. 

There has been a dearth of posts to this blog in the last six weeks due the fact the disease has been laying me very low.  So I am now faced with two choices:  (1) continue the progression and worsening symptoms; or (2) begin testing to determine if I am a candidate for Deep Brain Stimulation surgery.  Seems pretty simple doesn't it? 

I have been praying for God's wisdom, and I would beg you, if you could spare a few minutes to pray on my behalf for wisdom.  I have asked the Lord to direct my path; I am leaning on Him and trusting in Him for wisdom and direction in this matter.  I will walk forward into the testing and as long as each door remains open, I will continue to walk forward trusting in the Lord. 

One of the things I have been doing as a result of my increased discomfort from the disease is having a weekly massage.  The masseuse is a Christian woman I have known for many years, and she has a wonderful servant's heart and magic hands.   

As I was laying on the table last week, she was working on my legs and feet.  Suddenly, I had a vision of the Lord, with a towel around His waist, standing in the shadows at a table pouring water into a basin and then walking toward me.  The thought that came to me was how my Lord, the King of Kings, Creator of All, The Great Physician, had come as a servant to mankind and that He was once again ministering to me.  It seemed that He was the one actually working on my feet and legs, and I vocalized these thoughts to the masseuse.  She took a deep breath, really more like a gasp, and told me how before beginning each of her massage appointments she asks the Lord to work through her hands.  We both shed a few tears over the greatness of God - the One who did not consider Himself too great to shed all of His glory and to come and dwell among us in the form of a human being to serve us.

He came out of love and a desire to bring reconciliation between Himself and mankind; and to bring glory to His Name.

When one is confronted face to face with the greatness of the act of God in coming to us, living a human life, being tested and tried in every way that we are and yet living His entire 33 years without sin (deigning to minister to the extent that he even performed the lowly service of washing His disciples' feet) and then taking the punishment that was reserved for each and every person who ever committed any sin by dying on the cross, well you can't help but glorify His Name.

Not only did the Lord minister to me through her hands, He ministered to me through her spirit.  When the Spirit of God within one's self meets with the Spirit of God within another, there is love, and kindness and rest.  She brought rest to my heart and mind and I could rest in His love.

The Israelites were not expecting their promised Messiah to come in so lowly a manner.   Today's kings and rulers would not even consider lowering themselves the way He did.   HE is truly great and worthy of our praise.  HE is one of whom His subjects can be proud...proud to follow, and proud of His deeds and words.  You can't find that anywhere else today!



4 comments:

  1. Kim that is such a lovely testimony. I teared up reading it. The love that our great God has for us is beyond our understanding. I marveled at His love just today!

    I sure will be praying for you dear sister. The Lord is your shepherd, he will lead you..

    In Christ, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! God bless you, Sister.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I am praying for you and your family as you step out in faith regarding this treatment. God opens doors which cannot be shut and closes doors that cannot be opened and I pray you be comforted in knowing our precious Saviour is walking with you each step of the way.

    Proverbs 3:5-6
    5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

    Psalm 31:1-3
    1 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
    2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
    3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

    ReplyDelete