Thursday, November 8, 2012

The USA -- a Post-Christian Country

Well, the election is over and many of us are still rubbing our eyes and asking ourselves, "Did I just see what I thought I saw?"   A country that has repeatedly over the past 12 to 18 months given its president very low approval ratings, complained about the passage of the Affordable Care Act, and been literally "up in arms" about many of his policies and acts, re-elected that very same president!!!

I, personally, did not vote for a presidential candidate, although I did cast a vote in the senatorial race, a local judge race, and a school levy.  I did not feel within my spirit a "release" from the Lord to be able to vote for either of the two main candidates.   I have been very dissatisfied with the performance of our current leader, and had no wish to have him spend another four years issuing Executive Orders to bypass working with Congress, and finding untold ways to insinuate the government into my private life.  I also am appalled at his position on abortion -- to the extent of allowing partial birth abortions and late term (last trimester) abortions.  He even went so far as to say he didn't wants his daughters to be "punished" with having to have a baby. See Video.

He also is all about changing the biblical definition of marriage.  Not to mention how he disdains the Christian faith, Israel/the Jews/Benjamin Netanyahu while advocating for Islam.  He has shown no leadership ability, has little to no experience in running a business let alone a country, and has shown little restraint in telling what I call "whoppers" and working hard to turn the US into a third world country with no military might whatsoever. 

At the same time, I could not endorse the opposition for many reasons including the fact that he really was a closet progressive with an agenda frighteningly similar to our current leader and I didn't feel I could put my "AOK" on a man who says he worships the same God I do but who is in essence, a member of a "cult"  but is a man who appears to have good morals in that he has been married to the same woman for 47 years, raised 5 sons, "propagated" that he was for marriage between one man and one woman as the "definition" of marriage and was against (supposedly) abortion. 

Even so, in listening to the political pundits and "news" media, it seemed as though the opponent was gaining traction and even though I didn't endorse him, I had begun to think that perhaps the American people would reject the out and out wickedness of  the incumbent and support the challenger.  

However, as I watched in stunned amazement as the polls came in, I realized that the USA has crossed an invisible line in the sand; going from a nation that for many years past had embraced  the God of the Bible, and all He stood for, thereby receiving the blessings of God on our country, to a country that embraces wickedness.

Our country has crossed the line into an area where people love themselves, are covetous, braggers/boasters, proud of themselves and believe they are capable of doing anything, they don't need God so they become blasphemers, are disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasure and sin more than lovers of God.   We are a nation of people who have become intent upon pleasing themselves at any cost - no matter what!

As I was thinking about this as I drove to church tonight,  I began wondering how long it would be before the Lord would take His hand of protection off of our country or if possibly we are under judgment as many have claimed.  This, in turn, started me thinking how does one reach out to those who want to embrace a life that is in direct opposition to God.  They think we hate them and condemn them and want nothing to do with them.  God spoke to my heart then, and this is what I heard Him say to me:

Love them, even as  I love you.  It is so much balm for your soul, Kim,  to know that  I love you in spite of your ignorance, selfishness and sinfulness, so why wouldn't it be balm for another sinner's soul to know that someone loves them in the same way?  There is no other way than through love to let another sinner know what I have done for them.  If you don't love them on their own playing field, how can you ever obtain an opportunity to tell them about me?  They think you hate them because you don't believe the way they do.  And when they ask you what I am saving them from, here's the answer.  I came not just to save them from death which is the required payment for committing sin,  but I came to save them from being bound to a life OF sin -- to set them free from the chains of sin.
John 3:17 which tells us:

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
 
The election showed me how much passion people have in wanting a leader who can unify us, really lead us in the right way (known as paths of right-ness or righteousness), someone who can win our loyalty and trust.  The Bible tells us that there is no one good except God.  Therefore, there is no man who can accomplish all these things unless he is God...that man was/is Jesus Christ - God Incarnate.

If you don't know that you know that you know Jesus Christ, oh, my friend, I pray for you that you would come to know the love of God which is beyond our comprehension, that you would come to know His peace that passes understanding, and that you would begin taking baby steps of faith in living your life by dying to what you want and living in the power of His spirit to do the things He planned for you before the beginning of time.

Elections will come and go and men will disappoint us and leave us asking why and how they could have failed us, but God is the same yesterday, today and forever; His mercies are new every morning and His faithfulness is oh, so GREAT.   Join me in coming out of the post-Christian USA into life everlasting in the kingdom of our great God.  He's coming soon, oh, glorious day!!

Lord Jesus, Father God, we praise you today that we do not have to live a life in bondage to sin - whatever that particular sin may be in our lives.  Give us your wisdom to know what is right and the courage and strength to do it.  Inspire us to introduce you all we come in contact with.  Thank you for your grace and mercy and help us to show those same gifts of life to others.  We pray for the leaders of all nations that they would seek your guidance.  We pray that you would raise up Godly men and women to be leaders in every city, state and and country.  In Jesus' name.  Amen














1 comment:

  1. I've been watching apocalyptic movies on Youtube lately, and I truly believe we are living in the last days. I know the predictions for rapture have been rampant, and wrong, I'm a post tribber myself so that stuff doesn't really phase me :) but I know that I need to pay attention and to watch for the sign of HIS coming. Jesus gave us lots of information about the time of His return, and with all the satanic stuff, the unbridled Sodomy and witchcraft and space aliens/demons, etc I think we are very close indeed. These are exciting times, but times of persecution worse than any other time in history is very, very near. Praying for us all to have God's strength to persevere to the fiery trials that are yet to come.

    ReplyDelete