Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Time for Soberness

1 Peter 4:7  The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.  

I have not posted in a while because I am being very cautious.  I only want to say something if I feel it is something the Lord has layed on my heart to write about. 

As I waas praying tonight before going to bed, I felt led to share with you that this is a time on earth for us to be sober.  We all like a good belly laugh now and then and one always looks forward to a good party, right?  I just don't think now is the time for that.  As I prayed for my fellow man tonight, I thought of the many who are living in hell right now...the people of Syria, Egypt, Spain and Greece, specifically came to my mind.  I can't imagine what their lives must be like.  I know the Lord is there.  I pray that many will come to know Him and that there is someone there speaking the truth and spreading the gospel.  The Lord has a remnant throughout the earth, so I know He is working, saving people.

There is so much pain being experienced on the earth now.  My heart aches for people.  No, there is too much suffering for a good belly laugh or a party.  Now is the time to be on our knees and in prayer to our Father.  It is time to stand in the gap for our fellow man, interceding on behalf of the persecuted, the poor, the hungry, the widow, the orphan...our neighbors...that ALL may come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, the only one in whom real life and breath and being can be found. 

We, too must be ready to be faithful.  We must be read-up on His Word and ready to give our testimony and why we believe.  It is a sober time, friends.  May you be with God; I know He's with you.


 

1 comment:

  1. I know Kim, when I saw how the children and families of Syria are suffering I was brought to tears and have praying for them. Very sober time indeed. Jesus is weeping too.
    God bless, Sarah

    ReplyDelete