Monday, May 21, 2012

A House Divided....Make that: A Nation Divided

Politics...I believe that the Adversary is using it to destroy this country.   The Bible says that a house divided will not stand.  This country is so divided because of political sparring that it cannot stand, and it seems to get worse everyday.   A true follower of Jesus Christ is a citizen of the Kingdom of God, and living in that Kingdom and presenting its King to the world is what we should be about.

It is difficult not to get involved in the political machinations of the U.S. and other countries, but the Bible is very straightforward in telling us that we are sojourners here on this earth and that we are not to get embroiled in the distractions of this world.

It is so easy to get fired up about the injustices that are abounding all around us, especially, for example, the way our rights are being erased right in front of our eyes.  But does a true follower of Jesus Christ have any rights?  Doesn't Jesus stress that we, once we believe that Jesus Christ is who He says He is and that He did what the Bible says He did, are His slaves and that we are to die daily to what we want or what we believe our rights are?

As Creator of the universe and everything in it, Jesus had a lot of rights, didn't He?   Yet, He gave them all up; He claimed no rights as He was beaten, mocked, spit upon and led to the cross

I notice that I get especially riled up when my "rights" are trampled on...whether it's at home or at work or in the governmental/public arena.  Yet, when these occasions occur, and I immediately commence to throw a barrage of verbal abuse upon whomever was so inconsiderate as to not consider my "rights", the Holy Spirit speaks to me and asks me "what rights, Kim";  "do you have rights?"  And it makes perfect sense to me. 

When I was immersed in sin, I was a slave to sin!  I can think of some sin I have committed in which I was completely and totally a slave to it as in "addicted" to it.   Like, for example:  ice cream, the "love" relationship I had with my husband in the days before we were married (not so much now, :), though), money, recognition/pride related to my work and well, pride in general, etc., etc., etc.

But now, I have betrothed myself to Jesus, my King; I am to be His bride.  I am His slave.  I, literally, owe Him my life, my soul, my all because He paid the death penalty I was sentenced to as a result of my conviction of being a descendant of Adam and Eve,  and thus, a sinner.

So, today I want to lay it at the cross...all my preconceived notions about what is right and what is wrong; all my beliefs of how I am to act as a follower of Christ, all my beliefs of what I am to speak up for and against; all my political leanings, and all my understandings of how I am to treat others like me who are really clueless about what we are to be doing.  And I ask the Lord Jesus to take it all and do with it whatever He wants.  I ask that He lead me, direct me, fill me and give me as much of His mind as I can take so I can understand Him and grow in His wisdom and be His presence here on this earth among so many who need Him.   It is my intent to continue following Him, reading His word, seeking His face, and I pray that He will search my heart and if there is any unwillingness in me, or any untruth in me or lack of faith in me that He will do away with it and make me willing and clean and pure and honest (not just with others but, and maybe especially, with myself and that He will build my faith and to increase my belief so that anyone I come in contact with will know that I am different; that I belong to Him.

That is my prayer for you, too, dear reader, and also...that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.  For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ's return.  May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God.   (Philippians 1:9-11) 

In His name I pray...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment