Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hallelujah! He is Risen!

I really don't have the words to put down tonight to express how I feel inside about Jesus. What a God! What a man! What a Savior! I'm happy, no; happy isn't the right word. I'm thrilled to the depths of my soul that God spoke my name, and I heard Him. Most importantly, I responded to His call.

I'm humbled to my core, too. To think that one such as He - who created everything from the smallest, unseen particles of matter to the largest...the universe - even thought about me, cared about me, wanted me to be in Him, so much so that He died in my place so that I could live and be set free from sin and death.

I'm sad, though because there are many that say he was just a nice (very) guy who had a big impact on people who were alive in his day. Many who don't know how to be set free from sin, addictions, boredom, ineffectual living, questioning why they are alive. They don't know the power that is manifested within a person when that person comes to a true, saving knowledge of Jesus and submission of their will to Him. The Bible says it's the same power that God used to raise Christ from the dead.

Ephesians 1:19-20

I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms.Th

Raising someone who is dead back to life again...now that's power! And we who have submitted our lives to Christ have that power in us! The kind of power it takes to raise the dead can enable a person to do anything. (Philipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.) That power can overcome sin, addictions, depression, character faults, whatever a person struggles with, and that's something worth celebrating today!!

It makes me smile, puts a spring in my step and makes me want to dance - sometimes all at once; sometimes just one at a time, but when I really give myself time to sit and meditate on the great things God has done in my life and how everyday I see Him leading me to do things differently than I would have done them in the past, I am filled with a thankfulness that is overwhelming. That is why I celebrate today on this day that most of the world calls Easter. I serve a risen savior; yes, he's in the world today; I know that he is living, whatever men may say....

1 comment:

  1. Yes He is alive and living in us! Praise Him! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete