Thursday, December 15, 2011

Deja-Vu

According to "How Stuff Works", deja-vu (déjà vu) is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all.

Have you ever experienced deju-vu?

In the past several weeks, I have experienced this anomaly about three or four times. This is unusual for me as I have experienced it on occasion in the past but never as frequently as this.

The interesting thing is that each time I have experienced deja-vu in the past few weeks, it has been in relation to things that I "seemingly" have experienced that relate to the rapture of the church. What I mean is that as I think about the experiences, in each one of them, when it happened originally, whatever the event was, occurred at the time of or immediately before or after the rapture.

I don't know if this is God's way of telling me that the rapture is near or if it's just my mind getting out of control, but it has caused me to stop and think about the oddness of this happening so frequently to me right now.

I do think the rapture is close, though. I think that not just because prophecy is being fulfilled daily, but I feel within myself and around me a sense of hopelessness in the world unless Christ comes soon and corrects all the things that are wrong. In other words, the world is so bleak and there is so much ugliness being exhibited that I can't believe that God will put up with us much longer.

I saw a video on Facebook yesterday that Johnni Depp had put forth with some guy named Babybird about Jesus at a stag night club. It filled me with mourning for mankind's ability to continue mocking Jesus 2000 years later.

And then, I was reading a news item online and just perusing the comments and one in particular stood out. It said something to the effect of "why don't you Judeo-Christians go find yourselves a Jew-deo Christian country of your own to live in..."

Needless to say, the events going on in the Middle Eastern countries are just one spark away from being a major forest, fire called World War III.

I find myself calling out to the Lord a lot about things I see and hear and the answer I hear is always hold on tight to me, stay close and always check with me on the truth of any given thing.

The other night as I ended my day in prayer, the Lord brought to my mind how He loves me, that He died for me and that nothing can separate me from Him. I saw Him on the cross whispering my name, "this is for Kimberly." It seems possible to me that when Jesus was on the cross, that the name of each and every person who has ever lived or ever will live crossed His mind.

I see the world as having so little love in it today, real agape love, that when I think about how Jesus loves us, I get chills. This week I had a brother in christ tell me that I was on his mind and the he was praying for me, and I "felt" the truth it in and it made me feel very special. How often does that happen?

With Christmas being just around the corner, I have found myself watching the commercials and the "christmas" made-for-tv movies or otherwise related programs and thinking, all this for a holiday which (whether or not you believe it to be pagan) supposedly celebrates the birth of child who grew to be a man hated by most people.

Knowing that the hour is short and that at any minute, Jesus could rapture the church (or that your life might just end), I encourage you to seek Him with all your heart, mind, and soul and show some love to your fellow man today:

Let us love one another: for love is of God and everyone that loveth is born of God and knoweth God. (1John 4:7)

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I feel it is close too. The level of sin is so high with the church being still in the world...it is really hard to take.

    Deja Vu is an interesting phenomenon. Our brain chemistry sure is wonderfully made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I must confess I was convicted when I read your post. You came to mind several times last week and I did lift you up in prayer but I am sorry I did not take the time to share this with you in order to bless and encourage you.

    With all that is going on in the world these days, we truly need to be encouraging one another more than ever before.

    Hebrews 10:25
    Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

    God bless you dear Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,

    My senses are on high alert and I agree sin is off the charts.

    Coreen,

    Thank you so much for thinking of me and praying for me. I certainly am in need of all the prayer I can get. My body (with the parkinson's disease) so seems to not be my own. I wonder daily what God's plan for me is with my abilities being so limited these days. I pray daily for the world wide body of Christ to be where they are supposed to be, doing what they are supposed to be doing and hearing the Spirit's call to stand against the enemy. May you be encouraged and uplifted to know that your blog always blesses me and I have referred others to it and shared some of your posts on Facebook.

    Kim

    ps. you know I feel the same about you, Elizabeth! :)

    ReplyDelete