Monday, October 3, 2011

Jesus Was Completely Human

I hvae heard many, many times in the years that I have been following Christ how Jesus was 100% God and 100% man. That was very confusing to me. Doesn't that add up to 200%, and isn't there only 100% of anything? If what makes me Me is that I have 1/2 of my genes from my mother and 1/2 from my father, doesn't that make me 50% of my mom's family and 50% of my dad's family?

I know that's confusing, but that's what I was...confused! I came to realize that what I was hearing, or rather, what was being expressed was that while Jesus had 100% of the benefits of being God available to Him, while He walked this earth, He walked it 100% as a human being just like you and me, all the way to His death on the cross.
The following link is to a Bible study about what the life of Christ from a small boy all the way through to his death on the cross and what scripture reveals his thoughts to be during each stage of His life. It is a paradigm-shifting study!! It puts Jesus Christ in a whole new light -- at least it did for me. It helps you comprehend Jesus learning from a child that He is the Messiah, studying the scriptures and seeing Himself in them, applying the verses of Isaiah to His own life based on what his mother and father had told Him. It shows Jesus' confusion, His doubt, why He wanted to know who people thought He was and why He confronted Peter with that question and why He responded like He did to Peter's answer.

It fosters intimacy and opens communication lines to the Savior. It produces understanding and empathy and sympathy and repentance and grief. Most of all, it produces joy! Jesus Christ, my Lord and my Savior, WILLINGLY gave up his pure, clean, lovely, holy relationship with God the Father; He BECAME sin for me so that I might become the righteousness of God!

It's a great study. It's one I wasn't going to do, but God moved me to read and once I started, it was hard to stop. Maybe you already saw Jesus in this light. If you did, good for you; God blessed you with second sight, but, if like me you need some help seeing your Savior, read it, you will be glad you did.

The Hidden Life of Jesus

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I know that much of Christendom de-emphasizes His human-ness.


    This is something I'm still trying to wrap my head around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kim,

    Have you read this post of mine?
    http://gatesofthecity.wordpress.com/2011/02/19/justified-in-the-spirit-2/

    I had a lot of good responses over the years from it.

    William

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Ma,

    I believe if you take the study listed, you will be affected greatly by the understanding that Jesus completely identified with humanity and did not draw on any of his "godness" other than listening to the Holy Spirit and talking to God to get through the crucifixion. It has really impacted my ability to talk and relate to Jesus. I hope you will take part in the study.

    Hi, William,

    I have not read it in its entirety as it is quite long, but I read about 1/3 of it tonight and hope to get through it all. I encourage you to read through the Secret Life of Christ on the Worldnet Grace site. It is, in my humble opinion, and I am in no way as competent with scripture as you are, very excellent.

    Kim
    Kim

    ReplyDelete