Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Crazy, Mixed Up World

I have been saying for the past three years that we are living in the final days of this age. I still believe that, and I believe it more and more with each passing season. One thing that really makes me believe we are in the end of days is the acrimony amongst various churches and the body of Christ.

One says that we are to be tolerant and accepting (not negative or pointing out one's sin) of all people. That makes sense doesn't it? Jesus spent most of his time on earth amongst sinners stating that he did not come to save the healthy but to save the sick (Luke 5:30).

One says that we are to adhere strictly to biblical teachings, pointing out false doctrine and standing against sin being committed, winning the lost and setting the oppressed free. That, too, makes sense, doesn'it, because Jesus came to do that very thing. Luke 4:18

One body of believers says that the tribulation is 7 years long; another says it is 3.5 years in duration.

One group of Christians says that Christ will return to rapture the Church prior to the tribulation; another group says the Church will be raptured in the middle of the tribulation; and yet another group says that Jesus will rapture the Church at the end of the tribulation.

One segment of the Church says that it's okay for homosexual and divorced people to teach and preach, etc., within the Church. While another group considers this to be apostasy.

The Church is SO divided. Where are people getting their doctrine, their beliefs, their truths?

2 Peter 3:3, we are warned that in the last days, people would scoff about the return of Christ, and we are warned in Galatians 1:8,9 that anyone who preaches or teaches any gospel but Christ is to be cursed.

2 Timothy Chapter 3 espouses all kinds of aberrant behavior that will be evident in the last days, and that behavior is all around us.

Everything, everywhere seems so confused and out of control and mixed up and unusual. Does anyone else feel it? From politics, to finances, from sexual perversion, to the weather and earthquakes and volcanoes and weird bird and animal deaths and global catastrophes; everywhere I go I feel an uneasiness, a wariness and whether people believe in God or not, I feel that, unless a person is totally out of it, we are all waiting and watching for the other shoe to drop.

Where do I stand on all these much-discussed, many-sided issues to the Church?

First and foremost, Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man can come to God without going through Christ.

Secondly, we have to rightly divide the Word of God in order to determine what is right and wrong, and I believe it is specifically stated that the preachers, teachers and leaders of the Church will be the "husband" of "one wife" (1 Tim 3:2 and Titus 1:6).

Last, we cannot make our own doctrine, rules and laws. We must search the scriptures daily like the Bereans did and we must ask the Holy Spirit to teach us ALL things including THE TRUTH even when we don't really want to know the truth. We have to be honest with ourselves about what we want to know and don't want to know, and then seek God's help in learning and accepting His truth.

It is, indeed, a crazy, mixed up world right now...just one more sign that we are living in the last days.

Father, you cannot lie, and your Holy Spirit lives within me. Please, I pray, help me want to know the truth and give me a desire to find the truth in Your Word. My heart is very wicked, and I want to deceive myself, if I can, into finding a way to mold my beliefs and actions into what your word says. Don't let me do that, Lord. Make me face the truth; whether I want to or not. Let me see myself as I really am. In Jesus' name I pray.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    I totally relate sister. My Spirit has been so vexed lately with it all. The disunity and confusion in the body of Christ, the wickedness and the pressure of being in the world and an intense desire for this evil age to come to a conclusion.
    The Holy Spirit was speaking to me about these feelings, that this is part of the suffering for Christ.

    We must pray daily for the peace that surpasses all understanding. Otherwise I might go completely insane!

    Not really, but you know what I mean...

    : )

    Together IN the sufferings of Christ, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if what the Holy Spirit has shown another as truth does not agree with where you are at in your 'truth'?

    Does this mean we are worldly, satanic, nuts?

    Could the Lord have opened another persons eyes to something you have yet to see or understand?

    We spend a lot of times trying to be the 'sin' police and we have absolutely no idea how hypocritical this makes us.

    Jesus spent a lot of time talking about hypocrites and self-righteousness too. I honestly believe the true SINS are those of the heart as Jesus spoke of.

    When we learn to love others and stop judging what we consider evil, when we truly are just as evil in our own hearts. ( The heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it). Then I think we will be truly heading in a direction that pleases the Lord.

    Love heals--Fear, Hate, and what we don't understand should lead us to truly seek God and not judge what we fear.

    The world is not about to end, what is ending is this age. We have been in the 'last days' since Bible days, this 'generation' Jesus talked about started even then and is not new.

    There is nothing new going on that was not already going on even then or before or when Jesus walked the earth.

    I like the title of your blog, but you have truly yet to tap into the "Mysteries" of the "Ages" my Sister.

    I pray for your understanding as we enter a new AGE when we can learn that it is only LOVE that will conquer ALL, and not religion or our fear and control based interpretations of the Bible.

    The problem is definitely false doctrines that lead people into more fear, hate, and judgment than they already are in. Fear of everything that they do not understand--Fear satan is taking over the world and God has lost control.

    Love casts out all fear--When we walk in LOVE we have no fears of anything or anybody.

    God is not about to lift us off into the sky to escape the world--God is about to show us what the Kingdom of God truly is and how we are here to CHANGE THE WORLD--This is the mystery of the Ages--Christ in US the HOPE of GLORY--Sent to teach us compassion, mercy, forgiveness, and love of God and our neighbor.

    God is still in control.

    I pray God reveals his true LOVE and plan to you my Sister--I truly do. I promise you, You will never again be the same.

    Love covers a multitude of Sins--even ours!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, Alicia,
    I hope I didn't come across like I was trying to be the sin police because that really was not my intent. The purpose of this post was really just to show that Christians, as a whole, proclaim to love God, follow Jesus', and yet there is so much disunity in the body and so many instances of "The Church" not following the examples set forth in the New Testament by Jesus and the Apostles.

    I know very well the mystery of the age and am in awe that God had a plan from the very beginning to dwell within his people. I think it's quite amazing that had the people who crucified Christ knew the plan, they wouldn't have crucified Him in order to halt "God's plan"!
    In case you are questioning it, I love the Lord and am thankful for all the many ways He has worked and is working in my life to bring me into a reflection of His image. I'm not there yet, but the race is still being run.

    God bless,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely not questioning whether you know or love the Lord Kim, let me clear that up.

    It seems what we all seem to forget is that we all are still a work in progress, and just because you may not understand something does not make it NOT truth.

    I think you have some things you do not fully understand yet, I will say that as it relates to how God sees the world--I mean really sees it.

    The divisions are necessary, Jesus said clearly he did not come to bring PEACE--but to divide mothers, daughters, etc. For a period of time, there are to be divisions.

    God himself has been dividing since the beginning of time. He divided all of the people into different languages, cultures, religions..Is God not the author or it all? He sure does take responsibility for it.

    The other issue is your interpretation on how the "Church" is suppose to look according to your understanding of what you read in Scriptures. I think the problem is actually that we have yet to 'get that' down YET and 2000 yrs have passed since Christ and the Apostles were here.

    I venture to say we will NEVER get some perfect "Religious hierarchy' in place where EVERYBODY agrees with it. It is because man is still trying hold God to a "Religious Blueprint" as if this is the only way God can speak and operate.

    We are so focused on how to DO church instead of realizing we are the "church" the temples of God.

    I also venture to say God in the least most concerned about how we 'do' church and the ORDER of service or hierarchy.. These things actually continue to be a part of the problem. .He is much more concerned that we walk in compassion, love, mercy, forgiveness, GRACE. These things actually continue to be a part of the problem. Not to say that anything is wrong with going to "Church", but God does not live in buildings made my men.

    People are so busy waiting for man to lead man, and not learning from God for themselves...Another story and topic!

    God divides, so that he might bring back together.

    God loses ( not literally) so that he might find.

    God blinds, so that he might open our eyes. ( SPIRITUALLY speaking right now)

    God subjected the world to this so that he might have MERCY on it, and in the process teach us how we should love mercy as well.

    How else do we know the power of God unless he puts us in situations where we might truly discover who he really is.

    So, no hard feelings Kim. I, like you, felt compelled to write what I wrote just as you did.

    May we all continue to learn from one another, we might as well, we won't leave here until we get the lessons God wants us to get.

    GBU too..

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kim, I too feel "Everything, everywhere seems so confused and out of control and mixed up and unusual." very keenly!

    Sometimes I back away from more info by just doing projects & chores "mindlessly" while things simmer in the background. The morning Bible reading centers me best, energizing me, encouraging me, and pointing me toward my daily endeavors.

    Love as Jesus loves, it's easy to say, but he loves justice too, and we can't forget his cleaning out the temple of the money changers and how he tells us to flee from sin and warns of another gospel and tells us not to be unequally yoked.

    Being the church is complex and you are breathing out a truly pleasing-to our-Heavenly Father prayer. I echo it with you.:)

    ReplyDelete