Thursday, July 7, 2011

Praying for Our Brothers and Sisters

Are you praying with me for a revival in yourself, in America and the World? As we have seen from my previous two posts, Are My Hands Clean and Revive Us, Oh Lord, it is possible for a revival to begin right here, right now if the body of Christ becomes a repenting and praying people.

First, we learned that we must look at ourselves through the eyes of Christ and determine what sins we have committed that are keeping us from really, truly coming into the presence of God in order to pray for revival. We have to really clean up our own life before revival can come to it and thus we can begin to proceed to the second part of revival: praying for our brothers and sisters in Christ and for people in general...intercessory prayer.

Intercessory prayer is lifting up the needs of others but continuing to pray that what God wants to accomplish in a person's life will be done. There are several Bible stories that indicate that God's mind can be changed.



Jonah 3:10 10 When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God relented of the disaster that he had said he would do to them, and he did not do it.




Luke 11:5-8 is when the disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray and He told them the parable of about the value of perseverance in prayer.

God is in complete control, and everything He does is for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Rom. 8:28). I believe that means that if we intercede on someone's behalf and Gods sees our prayer request as being for the best of all those concerned according to God's purpose for their life, He can change His mind about what is happening and intercede in the matter. Don't you love that? He is ALWAYS about doing what is best for those who love Him and want to accomplish God's purpose in their lives.

Dear God,

You alone are great in wisdom and knowledge and what is best for each one of us. I am sorry that I don't give you the time you deserve. I am sorry for each time I have failed to restrain my tongue. I am sorry when I have failed to do what you asked me to do, and I am even more sorry that I failed to hear you tell me. Make me so sensitive to your voice that I hear even your faintest whisper. Forgive me for any sin that I am unaware of. I want to be able to come into your presence today.

Thank you for the blood that Jesus shed on my behalf. Thank you that you love me and want the very best for me. Thank you that you are all seeing and all wise; for you know my thoughts before I even write them down or finish them in my mind. Praise you for this day and all the things I am living with right now for I know that they are for my good if only I will acknowledge you and let you direct my path.

Almighty One! God of the Ages! Blessed Father. Be with my brothers and sisters today all over the world. Lord, I pray that they would let you be their strength and shield. I pray for an extra measure of grace, faith and endurance for those who are persecuted. I pray that the principalities, powers, rulers of this age, and all spiritual wickedness will be defeated today by the prayers of your people. I pray that your people would stand against the evil one and all his followers today in the strength and power of your armor and the two-edged sword of your Word. May your name be exalted and your son be glorified in all your followers' lives today.

Finally, Lord God, I pray that your holy spirit would move; would flow from your throne and fall on us in mighty power and strength so that we would go forth and do your will in the world...to minister to the poor, the needy and set the oppressed free, to spread the gospel to the ends of the earth and to raise up the name of Jesus Christ. Let it be so, Lord.

Amen

3 comments:

  1. Amen Kim! I'm praying with you and am sure many others are also joining in. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete