Monday, March 14, 2011

Tossed on the Waves

We have examined how God wants us to be rooted and grounded in Him so that no storm in life, no matter how strong and fierce, can separate us from Him. Not even if it is as strong and destructive as the earthquake and tsunami recently suffered by the Japanese people.

Similarly, the Lord, through his half-brother James tells us that when we ask God for something, we are to ask "in faith" with "nothing wavering". James 1:6.

Have you ever noticed that when you're walking along the beach and the surf comes in that even the smallest wave can knock you off balance? Sometimes even the shifting of the sand as the surf goes back out to sea causes me to stumble.


James 1:7....For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Our faith must be rooted and grounded in Him in order to receive any answer to prayer that we may lift up to Him. But the amazing thing is this: It is only takes a little, bitty, teeny tiny bit of faith the size of a mustard seed for us to be rooted and grounded in Him and move mountains! Luke 17:6


And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.


My prayer to the Lord today is: I have this little bitty, teeny, tiny mustard-seed-size faith, Lord, that you WILL complete the work YOU began in me. If you don't Lord, I have nothing and have no idea why I was even put here. I trust you to finish what I can't do on my own. I have no faithfulness in me unless you put it there. I have no strength unless you supply it to me. I have no wisdom unless you furnish it. I have nothing unless you fill me with your love for you and my fellow man. Nothing.

I surrender. Take my life and let it be, consecrated unto you, Lord. I don't know how I can bring you glory, but I pray that you would let me do so. Thank you. Thank you, God Almighty, for considering me; for thinking I was worthy of your thoughts and care and the great act of love and mercy you performed for me.

We are a faithless generation, Lord. Forgive us and have mercy on us.
There is little wonder that Jesus questioned whether He would find faith on earth when He returns. I would like for my mustard seed to have taken root and grown when He returns. I want Jesus to find faith here when He comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment