Thursday, December 2, 2010

Take Up Your Mat and Walk....

The Divine Healing Technician seminar I am currently attending is being presented by the Curry Blake of John G. Lake Ministries and sponsor,Heaven Bound Ministries, here in North Carolina.

As a relatively young woman (53) who was diagnosed with parkinson's disease about ten years ago and who has been annointed with oil, prayed over many times and prayed over with the laying on of hands, and who has not, to date, experienced the manifestation of His healing power, I have recently begun to ask: Where is the power of God that Christ promised to his followers just prior to his ascension?

Many times in the past three years, God has used people (strangers) to point me in the direction he wanted to me go, and that is how I learned about this seminar.

I come to the foothills of North Carolina often. If I could persuade my husband to move here, I would do it. I love the mountains. I love the beaches, too, but there is just something about the mountains that move me. Maybe it's because they're majestic, mysterious and imposing...I don't know, but I'm drawn to them. I secretly believe in my heart that it's because the Bible so often refers to "God's holy mountain". Maybe I truly believe I'm closer to Him in the mountains.

I'm not really sure what I was expecting from this seminar, but with classes running from 9 until 12 and 2 until 5, I know I wasn't thinking that the time would fly by, but (at least) today it did!

Curry Blake is a soft spoken man. His belief in what he's teaching emanates from him. He says that he has seen the Lord raise nine people from the dead and that literally thousands upon thousands of people have been healed as result of learning how to heal according to God's Holy Word.

The class is comprised of about 200 people, I would say. As God would have it, I ended up sitting with a mother and her son who I connected with immediately and have so much in common with. I love when that happens!

I just thought I would put down in writing some of my thoughts and notes from the session today.

*Hindrances to Healing: The only hindrance to healing is believing that there are hindrances to healing!

*Healing is an act of war, satan is the only enemy, and continuing to minister healing is an act of faith. Sometimes satan is able to slam the door shut on our healing prayers, but we continue to move forward, praying in the name of Christ and to minister healing.

*You MUST be grounded in the Word in order to kick through closed doors.

*It is NOT about anything BUT the WORD OF GOD.

*You are releasing LIFE into the receiver of the prayer.

*(I thought this was very interesting)Mark 16:17-18 says that "these signs shall follow them that believe...they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover". Notice that the sign is for those who believe (the pray-er) and that there is nothing in there about "praying" for them. We have been taught what we "think" is authority, but limited authority is really no authority. Jesus has all authority and we are operating under His power, now our own, we have all authority because we have Him!!

*The traditions of men are the doctrine of the devil. (Matthew 15:2,3

*The amount of faith is not an issue because Jesus said that if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can move a mountain". The doctrine of men is that if you have faith the size of a mountain, you can move a mustard seed!

*Faith is "rest"; it is not nervous, it is simple and easy.

*Religion is a strict taskmaster.

*Healing is a GIFT not a reward.


What really struck me was the simpleness of the message and that even though we were talking about healing, it was all so much THE GOSPEL; the one that changes your life, makes you love Him more than life and gives you the will to keep going.

He made us so that the enemy cannot touch us. BUT we must be able to relate current problems to past victories.

The message is a profound one; life changing. I am anticipating a wonderful class tomorrow, and I'll tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment