Saturday, December 11, 2010

I AM the Lord that Healeth Thee

Three days after the Israelites escaped Pharoah and his soldiers by way of the Red Sea miracle, God's Chosen People found themselves at Marah, the place of bitter water with nothing to drink.

They immediately began to murmur amongst themselves against Moses and wishing they were back "in the good ol' days" of slavery in Egypt where they had plenty to drink and eat. They would rather be slaves to the government with plenty to drink and eat than living life daily in the care and provision of the Lord of the Universe. Doesn't that sound like life today?

Ecclesiates 1:9 tells us;

The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and [there is] no new [thing] under the sun.

People still would rather be slaves to the government instead of being free in the Lord. At least that's where I think America is headed. Everyday we lose more of the freedoms our ancestors came to this country to have...but that's not what I wanted to talk about today. Back to the land of bitter water...

Even though the people were murmuring against Moses, he spoke on their behalf to the Lord and the Lord showed Moses a tree to throw into the water and which once he had thrown it in, it made the water sweet.

Exodus 15:25,26 says:

And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, [which] when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them, And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I [am] the LORD that healeth thee...


Sometimes it's difficult in scripture to follow which proper noun the pronoun is referring back to with all the he's and him's, etc., but I interpret this scripture as saying that "God" made the Israelites a statute and an ordnance and that at Marah God "proved" or tested their faith.

The Lord thereafter tells them that IF they will (1) listen to the Lord, (2) do what is right in His sight, (3) listen to His commandments, (4)and keep them; that God would not inflict the diseases and plagues upon them that He had caused to inflict Pharoah and the Egyptians that HE WOULD BE THEIR HEALER, also known as Jehovah Raphah.

The Bible says that God does not change. So, we can trust Him today to be just like He was then to the Israelites. If we live pure, holy lives, listening to His commandments, honoring Him, and doing what is right in His sight and according to His leading by His Spirit, He will be our healer.

This morning, I am praising God! He is my healer. If you have read my last several blog posts, you know that I attended a healing seminar last week. On Thursday night of last week I had hands layed on me and a prayer of deliverance from parkinson's disease and dystonia. Prior to that day, I had episodes of dystonia every day, at least once a day and many times 3 or 4 times a day and sometimes episodes that lasted 1-3 hours at a time making it impossible for me to walk and causing me to have brain freeze for that entire time!

To date, from last Thursday, I have had ONE episode of dystonia that lasted maybe 30 minutes and one small episode that lasted about five minutes! You can't know what praise and thanksgiving I am feeling this morning and have been praising God for the past 24 hours.

I am still having shaking and weakness in my muscles, but I know that God is at work in my body and when His time is right, I will be healed completely. Will I have the dystonia episodes again? I don't know, but my faith is strengthened, and I am trusting in Jehovah Raphah to do what He said He would for me in His time and according to my faithfulness to Him.

UPDATE I:

I just want to clarify to anyone who reads this post that although I quoted the Old Testament scripture, and I believe that God is still our healer, I also believe that:

1) God doesn't state implicitly that there is universal healing for ALL;
2) When a person accepts Christ's sacrifice on the cross and submit his or her life to Christ, we become subject to life "in the spirit" as opposed to life "under the law";
3) We are to be led by the Spirit of Christ in all things, including his Will for our healing;
4) I do not believe that all illnesses will be necessarily healed in a physical manifestation but I do believe if God deems it to be in the best interests of everyone in the Big picture, that He will do so, and that God's idea of healing may be different than ours.

But still, I am praising and uplifting God because as I see it, my symptoms have been reduced. I submit to His wisdom in my life and will continue to thank Him for all the things He allows in my life in order to draw me to a closer walk with Him.

5 comments:

  1. Your daily search for more of God inspires me. You remind me not to accept things as they "are" but what they could be when put in the hands of God with Faith believing. I too await your complete healing!
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you ARE part of my healing! You and the wonderful women of prayer in our group from 1999 through 2007!!! God has used YOU mightily in my life. Thanks be to Him for YOU.

    Love you. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord Kim! Your faith in the healing of God is very inspirational.
    I pray you would continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ma. I feel better everyday knowing that He cares for me! I may never be completely healed in this body, but someday...Praise God, I will see Him as He is and be like Him! 1 John 3:2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying and praising with you for healing:)

    ReplyDelete