Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Peace Be Unto You

In spite of bad weather, earthquakes, volcanoes, oil spilling in the gulf and a corrupt government in place; even though there is sickness and pain and grief in this world; and even though it seems that the world is in chaos, live today moment by moment, giving thanks to the Father above for the gift of life and salvation and for his peace. For his peace is not the peace of this world. His peace passes all understanding.


Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be
troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL


When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.


It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!


It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.


It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

“Praise the Lord, O my soul.” Psalm 146:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be
removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and
be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. Psalm 46:1-3

May God bless you this 4th of July with His peace and His presence in your life.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and your family will have a wonderful and peaceful holiday, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete