Friday, January 1, 2010

Wishes for a Joyful New Year

I wish to you and your loved ones a happy, healthy, safe, spirit-filled new year.

As a child, this 50-something woman remembers thinking of the year 2000 as a time way far away and, therefore, probably unreachable. (You know how it is with kids -- 25 seemed ancient and 45 years seemed like two lifetimes). I also believed that 2001, A Space Odyssey would never really be possible, that Animal Farm and 1984 were really "out there" and there was no way that any of these things could possibly happen....until I became a spirit-filled Christian reading the Word of God for myself. I remember the first time I did a study on Revelation, when I was in my 20's, and being scared out of my wits.

Now it seems that 2010 looks to be a year of great "revelation" in the world. I believe 2010 will be a year in which many things that have been going on behind the scenes will be revealed to the masses.

It seems to me that every day we are spoon fed another little snippet of ongoing news articles. The Bible says that spiritual warfare is going on all around us, and I believe these days there are major, really big battles going on and soon satan will be cast out of heaven. I don't want to sound blasphemous, but if I, who am unpure and unholy, am sick of satan's shenanigans, just think about those who are pure and holy must feel about him. Is that an awful thing to say? Really. As I go about my life, I can honestly say I am sick and tired of living in this sin-filled world.

One of the things I think will happen in 2010 is that God will continue, with an ever increasing intensity, to reveal just how accurate the Bible is about the things that were prophesied to happen in these days. I pray that there will be many (besides the true followers of Jesus) whose eyes will be opened to the things that are being shown to us.

I also believe that things will continue to be revealed that show us just how great a hold satan has on the world. For examaple, the mind control and subliminal messages, etc., used within the entertainment industry. With the new digitized systems for television, who knows what messages are being sent to us every time we turn on the tube. The Vigilant Citizen blog has quite a few posts relevant to the music industry and symbolism found in music today. Plus, I listened to several you tube videos the other day which substantiated that there are messages unrelated to the music contained in most music videos that we have been being indoctrinated to since 1980.

There's a lot to be seen and heard in the world around us today for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. We just have to take the time to pay attention and to care enough to try to decipher the messages He is sending to us. It is evident to me that God's word is being unsealed and that the holy Spirit is leading true believers of Christ into a complete understanding of the Word and the things prophesied in the Bible.

A lot of the things that are happening are shocking, sickening and real assaults to the senses. Go HERE to read about genetic engineering in humans and singularity which are particularly revolting ideas that mankind is slowly but surely incorporating into our everyday lives so that they will be willingly and easily accepted when it becomes easily performed and part of the "norm".

I am so thankful that God loved us enough to not only provide for our salvation; He saw fit to give us a clear depiction of what things to expect in the end days so we could recognize them and be prepared to stand against the evil one. Not only is His Word a book of history, love, salvation and redemption, it is a book of hope and assurance for those who love Him.

So, as He said so many times, "Fear not". He is for us and if He is for us, who can be against us? It will, no doubt, be a year of revelation, and I'm sure there will be many days of joy to be found as long as we are in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment