Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Psalms 15 and 16

When I prepared to have my quiet time with God this morning, my Bible opened to Psalms 15 and 16.

Psalm 15 (NLT):

Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord?
Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?
(1) Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts;
(2) Those who refuse to gossip or harm their neighbors or speak evil of their friends;
(3) Those who despise flagrant sinners, and honor the faithful followers of the Lord, and keep their promises even when it hurts;
(4) Those who lend money without charging interest, and who cannot be bribed to lie about the innocent.
Such people will stand firm forever.


Psalm 16: 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11

.....You are my Master! Every good thing I have comes from you....
Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing......Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. I know that the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

First of all, notice who is able to worship the Lord in His santuary on His mountain: the blameless, those who do right, those who REFUSE to gossip about their neighbors and friends and family members, those who hate flagrant sinners and keep their promises no matter what and those who don't charge interest and can't be bribed.

Possibly, this could be interpreted as: the innocent, those who know what sin is and hate it, those who guard their tongues, the ones who have turned to God, the promise keepers, the generous and the honest.

For most of us walking the earth at this very moment, we are not innocent, we don't want to recognize sin and call it out, guarding our tongues sounds like a personality defect, ....what's a promise?, generosity, who me, I don't have any money to help you with, and truth, what's truth...we all see things differently.

Yes, as we stand in the world today, there is none who can enter God's santuary and worship. But as we continue in the Word, we come to Psalm 16, we see that when we run to God for help, He responds, and when He does, we can't help but understand the way God planned for creation to be.

He is our master, he gives us every "good" thing. And yes, God can bless us materially if He so chooses, but his Word tells us that there is only one thing that is "good".... (Mark 10:18) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God.

It is through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ that we receive His inheritance to us, everlasting life in heaven with Himself and the one true God, Yahweh, Jehovah, the Lord of the Spirits. He is, indeed, our cup of blessing.

He stays by our side day and night, guarding us and protecting us so that we can sleep well and work hard. We don't have to be shaken by every wind that blows or trouble that shows up on our door step. He shows us the way of life and living in His presence and the joy of living with Him forever.

If you have not had a personal encounter with the Lord, Jesus Christ, you are not living life to its fullest. You are not experiencing life the way the Creator planned it. Stop for just a moment, clear your mind completely, and sincerely ask that He reveal Himself to you. Whether it be that moment or an unexpected moment, keep your eyes focused and your ears open. Each day, take one moment and ask Him. Persevere, be patient and be open. He promises that if we seek Him, He will come.

When He does come, don't hesitate, don't procrastinate, don't speculate. Your heart will recognize Him. After all, He knit you together, He knew you before you were born. But, He is not always on our time schedule, and you must wait for Him. He knows your heart; He knows when you're serious, so don't do it unless you mean it.

May He Bless You Today With His Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment