Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry

Perhaps you've heard of this movie, but more than likely; you haven't. This is a Christian film from the makers of "Fireproof". My son and I went to see it today.

I am so tired of movies that are filled with immoral behavior, killing, swearing, wizardry, vampires, aliens, etc., so it was quite refreshing for me to watch a movie which showed the interaction of wise senior adults and children and what can happen when one shares their faith.

The story line revolves around three youngsters, approaching their teens in 1970. I could really relate to that storyline as I, myself, was 13 in 1970. The set was very authentic, the clothing quite representative of what people wore then, and I was surprised that even the meals they ate looked familiar to me.

There is, of course, a bully, a girl, somewhat of a mystery and a healthy dose of the Gospel in the movie.

My 10 year old son loved the movie and asked if we could buy it when it comes out on video. I won't tell you the whole premise of the movie so you can enjoy it, too. I basically wanted to post this to encourage you to see it. It's worth your time and you money and it teaches lots of excellent lessons in faith, forgiveness and salvation.

God Bless,

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I loved 'Fireproof'. I'll have to check this out.

    1970 was a PIVOTAL year in our culture. I did a bunch of research on it for a book last year and was stunned by how much.

    Just a look at the most popular albums and singles over that year is enormously revealing (e.g., in January, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head" and by August, "War" -- with the Beatles "Revolution" in June).

    The first Earth Day occurred in April that year, as did the nearly disastrous Apollo 13.

    ReplyDelete