Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I was just thinking this morning while I was on Facebook about people I went to school with who were the most popular kids. I look at them now and think about how they're most just average people like me who haven't done anything spectacular just because they were popular.

So how important is popularity. I know that while we are in high school, we all think that is a status to be acquired by whatever means. Some people are willing to do "anything" to be in the popular crowd. I can remember always being on the outside looking in. I had plenty of "friends" if that's what you want to call them. Where are they now. I can think of two or three I would genuinely enjoy having a conversation with now. I think of young people today I have read about in the news who have committed suicide over what things their peers have done or said about them.

What a difference it would make if we, as parents, would bring our children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. The Lord is the Great Equalizer. Look at some of the advice given in the book of Proverbs:

Chapter 12

Verse 1: ....It is stupid to hate correction. (have you listened to your conversation with your children lately?)

Verse 8: A sensible person wins admiration, but a warped mind is despised (I can think of a lot of warped stuff going on with the "popular" crowd in government, hollywood and high school right now.)

Verse 18: Some people make cutting remarks, but the wise bring healing (think about Sarah Palin, who has been cut to the quick and while not "popular" still gives wise advice to a nation who needs healing.)



Verse 22: The Lord detests lying lips, but He delights in those who tell the truth.



I know Barack Obama is popular and Sarah Palin is not, at least in the eyes of the people in the majority, but which one (after watching these videos) do you really believe?

Think also about these verses:

Chapter 11, Verse 14: Without wise leadership, a nation falls;....

Chapter 13, Verse 2 Wise words will win you a good meal, but treacherous people have an appetite for violence.

Do you think BHO is wise or do you think he is as treacherous and arrogant as God's word shows him to be?

I'm just saying......

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment