Thursday, July 30, 2009

As a child of the Lord Jesus Christ, I come before you today to offer you this white flag of surrender. I do not want this war to continue. You are my sister, and while I cannot say "I love you", I can say, "I care about you", "I remember good times together as well as the hurtful times". I only want to be your sister, not your enemy. We don't have to be best friends, we don't have to visit every month or even every couple of months. I just want to be able to "be" with you in the same room, in the same house, place, event....whatever. I know I've hurt you somehow. Please forgive me. Maybe it was done in anger (which God's word says "does not produce the righteousness that he desires", maybe it was done accidentally, maybe it was on purpose. And maybe, just maybe it was a misunderstanding. I am sorry. You do not have to forgive me, but God is requiring me to ask you for it. Please forgive me. I say this from the bottom of my heart.

Confucius (who had some wisdom, said):

To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.

The desire of my heart is to be right with God. His Word says:

Mat 5:23 ESV - "So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,

Mat 5:24 ESV - "leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Sister, may we be reconciled? If so, Praise God. If not, I pray that God will go with you, protect you, bless you and complete the work He began in you.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone who has strife in thier families should reconcile, care about each other and their families. Very nicely written, now if they just listen. Love You my sister, Amy

    ReplyDelete