Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mayonaise and............Mustard (Seed) Please

What does faith mean? According to www.dictionary.com, it is a:

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: e.g., faith in another's ability.

2. belief that is not based on proof: e.g., He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

There is not very much left in the world that we can have trust in or believe is there? It seems like all the things we believed in or trusted as children and as we were growing up have gone by the wayside: a government by the people, for the people and of the people; a lifetime in a whole, undivided family; physical and/or mental health; good food grown sustainably and in accordance to God's original plan (read, NO GMOs). In other words, "happily ever after" is gone - not that it ever was really there, but we, at least, believed it did. I really believed that when I grew up, I would graduate (high school, college, whichever), get a job, get married, have children, love my spouse forever, spend our lives together happily and die.

Thank God that there is one thing left in this world that we can have faith in. God is still in heaven and He is still in control. Isa 44:6 says: Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Did you know that the Lord questioned whether or not there would be any faith when he returns to the earth? (Luke 18:8) Of course, God knows everything, so he knows whether or not there will be faith when he returns. Remember that song "Let There Be Peace of Earth? Change the words to:

There Be Faith On Earth,
and let it be - gin with me._____
Let There Be Faith On Earth,
the faith that was meant to be._____

With God as our Fa - ther,
broth - ers all are we,____
Let me walk with my fa-ther,____
in per-fect har - mo - ny.____

Let faith be - gin with me,
let this be the mo - ment now,_______
With ev-'ry step I take,
let this be my sol - emn vow,___

To take each mo - ment and live each mo - ment
with faith e - ter - nal - ly.____
Let There Be faith On Earth,
and let it be - gin with me._____


The Word of God tells us that: (1) we are saved by the grace of God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; (2) with faith in Christ (the size of a mustard seed)we can move mountains; (3) with faith in Christ, we can walk on water; (4) with faith in Christ, we CAN be healed; (5) with faith in Christ we live without fear; (6) with faith in Christ, we can have ALL of our needs met, etc., etc., etc.

I have been praying that God will fill me to my limit with the faith that the Lord Jesus, himself, had. I want to walk on water and move mountains, don't you? You'd have to admit, that would add a new dimension to you life, wouldn't it?

So how do we increase our faith? Spending time in God's presence and in his word will increase your knowledge of him, who he is, what he has said and done through all time of record keeping. Get familiar with the Bible, really familiar, and your faith with no doubt increase. Faith comes by hearing the word of God and is one of the three greatest things: faith, hope and love.

And now, one more definition of faith:

3) Hbr 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.


Lord, please grow my faith. Give me a desire to spend time with you and to read your Word. I want you to find lots of faith when you return. In Jesus' name I pray.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment